The patterns I made in about 3 hours on July 5th and though the hand-printing was tedious, it was fun. Of all things, the stupid zipper tripped me up! This is how you learn the hard way to hand-baste the zipper into the dress. (Extra work, but it's worth it!)
So I hand-dyed this fabric from 2 yards of plain white fabric - assuming it may have been a poly-cotton blend. Who knows what the hell you're buying at that fabric store (2121 W. 21st St. in Chicago). At first, I was worried at it not picking up the Rit dye since it's made primarily for cotton, but it dyed just fine.
It's funny to think that this dress started from nothing - just a thought, a sketch, and a Photoshop manipulation.
Here is the original Photoshop edit:
Red Legend! We used to be co-workers at one point. I miss her!
Overall, I'm pretty proud of this dress. It even has a short skirt underlining as well as a fully-lined bodice. It's lightweight for summer, though too bad it's almost October now. Next summer!