Tuesday, July 24, 2012

To The Birds

A quick outfit post - I've been pretty behind on posts, projects, etc. Summer is pretty busy and there have been back to back street festivals at work each weekend so my schedule has been flip-flopped a bit and I'm now almost a week straight into work. Yikes! Such is life.

Max bought this little romper for me when we were in Fruitport over Memorial Day Weekend. I had to get a souvenir from the mall while we were there and I found this at Charlotte Russe of all places. Not sure what it is about that location, but I have the best luck there even versus the Chicago locations.

I'm pretty sick of all the "put a bird on it" references though I do love Portlandia, but this is definitely a bird print. It's been so hot out (100 degrees here and there) so I've kept my look pretty simple this summer.



 I was playing with a fabric backdrop here, but the space I could hang it isn't tall enough to let me stand straight (and I'm 5'1" on a good day!) Nevertheless, this ended up somehow looking like an American Apparel ad, and I look like a broken doll.... which I'm pretty ok with.




Obligatory blurry mood shot.

 Too tall? (I've never been "too tall".)


 Sadly, the shoes in this photo are falling apart. I don't know what is wrong with me, but I can't go more than 3-5 months without COMPLETELY destroying a pair of shoes. These shoes (and the ones I bought with them) are about 4 months old now - and the shoes I bought with them sadly went into the garbage today.

I do walk all over the city and I am on my feet more than 40 hours a week so I suppose that could be the problem. Today I broke my favorite pair of rainbow wedges from Rocketdog (though to be fair, I had them since high school which is 8 years ago).

But I DO have these babies coming in the mail! I am not a shoe girl by any means - I hate shopping for shoes because they always seem like a waste of money considering how I am with them - but I just about hyperventilated when I saw these Irregular Choice shoes.

Hopefully, these will fare much better than my other recent shoe purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips