Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Scallop Flutter Dress and.... BAGS!

I'm back! I can hardly keep up with all the cool things going on at the moment!

But first, I want to introduce you to a lovely new custom dress available in the shop NOW! 

 Oh yes, and I chopped off my hair since the last time I appeared on the blog. I'm typically a short-hair girl so I have no idea how it got so long. 

Let's take a closer look at this dress! 


Another scalloped beauty! This print was amazing and I had to have it for Manic Pop. Print availability is limited! So order quickly if you love this print. (Yes, I can make it in your size!) 


 I love the way the yoke came out. I integrated sleeves into the yoke by doing a drop-shoulder so they look like tiny cap sleeves but have the ease and movement of a sleeveless dress. 



If you've been following the Instagram at all lately, you'll see how I made a super-cute owl bag (the first ever Manic Pop bag!) and lots of you out there loved it. 

This bag is essentially a tablet bag - it's 9" by 11" with a 2" depth and will fit an Ipad and smaller into it. Or, it's a great day bag for when you need your wallet/keys/phone and a sketchbook, pencils, or a standard size notebook. 

Here is Jacob loving his new bag!

I'm kind of in love with the shape of this bag, so I went ahead and made an arrow one with leftover fabric. (Had more than I thought I would!) 

It was really fun (and easy!) to play with some piping as well as play more with the applique function on my machine which I've oddly never done before. There was a slight learning curve as my thread tension was wonky at first, but we worked it out. 

Stop on by the Etsy store! Lots more retro-handmade goodies in the works coming up! 

Which style would you like to see of past Manic Pop dresses in the shop? Fun print shirt-dresses? Colorwheel skirts? How about the Tanith Arrow Dress in other colors?

Until next time!


3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! The dress is fabulous and what great photos with the car. The bags are very cool too.

    I know that when (if!) I get back to a normal shape and size I will get an Arrow dress!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips